Changing Your Name

UD employees and students sometimes have reason to request an update of their name on file in UD’s information systems. There are three kinds of name changes:

  • Legal name change: A request to update your legally-recorded name (e.g., a last name change after a marriage).
  • Chosen name change: A request to display the name you prefer to be called, like a nickname, middle name, or alternate name.
  • Username change: A request to update the UD username you use to login to University systems (e.g., After Rudy Flyer graduates and takes a job at UD, he may ask to update his username from flyerr1 to rflyer1; a recently married employee wants a username that matches their new legal last name).

Changing your Chosen or Preferred name

If you’re a UD employee, submit a Change in HR Personal Data Request form to have your chosen or legal name changed in UD’s information systems.

If you’re a UD student, complete the Name Change Request Form to have your chosen or legal name changed in UD’s information systems.

Changing your UD username

If you’d like to update your UD username due to a name change or a change in your student / employee status, first contact Human Resources / Flyer Student Services as described above.

When you’ve received confirmation that your name / status has been updated in UD’s information systems, complete the IT General Help Request to ask for your UD username to be updated.

Was this helpful?
100% helpful - 1 review
Print Article


Article ID: 136683
Tue 2/15/22 11:54 AM
Mon 12/18/23 10:07 AM